Emma Doran's Liga, Lube and a Bottle of Gin is running in The International Bar from September 19 - 24 and in this one hour stand-up show, Doran dismantles the idealised preconceptions that come with motherhood. We caught up with Doran ahead of her first preview to ask her #FiveQuickQuestions.
1. Describe your show in 5 words.
Fun, bold, dark, silly, surprising.
2. What inspired you to write this story?
I felt sometimes women are 'written off' once they have children and it's just not the case. Most importantly, I wanted to make the funniest show possible but also with a good helping of autobiographical stories.
3. What would you like audience members to take away from Liga, Lube and a Bottle of Gin?
I want people to be in pain from laughing. Physical pain – that’s always the goal!
4. What has been the best part about making this show?
So far it's been telling people the name or watching them read the name and then looking at me. I think it gives people a flavour of the show straight away!
5. Are there any other shows you're excited to see at this year's Tiger Dublin Fringe?